Reordering files to "clean" up all links

0 Likes
(1)

The quizzes are ordered by due date; why not everything else (unless I had already completed that).

I like to clean up all files, so had to manually move discussions, pages, assignments...  to put in due date order.  There should be an option to do that with one click.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@DebraTrigoboff 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Are you using modules to deliver content to students? Many instructors hide the pages, files, assignments, and quizzes tabs from the navigation and use modules to deliver content to students in a predetermined order. Could you elaborate on the use of "files" in this context, describe the steps in your cleanup process, and detail how students are navigating through the course?  

DebraTrigoboff
Community Member
Author

I believe there have been comments from other users and Canvas personnel who said for 3 years they've been asking to automatically reorder items and it's still not available.  I will just keep reordering manually unless Canvas adds this tool on each link (discussions, tests...)

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@DebraTrigoboff  Each request for a change to the page for a particular content type needs to be a separate feature idea, as the Quizzes page is based on a different architecture than, say, Files or Discussions or Modules. Please search through Idea Conversations for existing ideas to support. I was able to find a related one for assignments:  Allow Instructor to Set Assignment Order.