Replies should appear in SENT messages folder

(1)

English Spanish

The SENT folder, in Conversations, does not show the reply messages that you have sent (even though a Reply is technically a sent message). The SENT folder only show the messages that you initiate and SEND to someone. You would like to see the "Sent" folder show all messages that you have sent to another user, whether initiated by you, or by the other user."

I would like to see all messages that I have sent to others (initial messages and replies), in the SENT folder.

La carpeta de mensajes enviados, en Conversaciones, no muestra los mensajes de respuesta que ha enviado (a pesar de que una respuesta es técnicamente un mensaje enviado). La carpeta de mensajes enviados sólo muestra los mensajes que usted inicia y enviar a alguien. Le gustaría ver la carpeta "Enviados" Mostrar todos los mensajes que se han enviado a otro usuario, ya sea iniciada por usted o por otro usuario.

Me gustaría ver todos los mensajes que he enviado a otros (mensajes iniciales y respuestas), en la carpeta Enviados.

En la bandeja de entrada muestra la respuesta dada por el profesor para el mensaje recibido por el estudiante.

205067_pastedImage_21.png205067_pastedImage_21.png

Pero para ir a la carpeta de mensajes enviados no muestra el mensaje enviado por el profesor. La respuesta debe estar en la carpeta de elementos enviados también.

205095_pastedImage_30.png205095_pastedImage_30.png

Cuando el maestro comenzó la conversación, el mensaje si se ve desde la carpeta de elementos enviados, junto con la respuesta del estudiante.

205069_pastedImage_26.png205069_pastedImage_26.png

Incluso si vuelvo a la bandeja de entrada, aparece también la cadena de mensajes.

205094_pastedImage_29.png205094_pastedImage_29.png

Gracias.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

28 Comments
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @andrea_ayala ​:

I haven't yet researched your problem, but you really need to blur out or otherwise protect your student identities in that screenshot. This is a clear FERPA violation.

Personally, I would take down the screenshots and just tell us what is not working.

KLM

andrea_ayala
Community Novice

Hi  @kmeeusen ​

Thank you for your message. These users (teacher and student) are tested, so no problem, but thanks for the warning, I ignored the FERPA violation.

I'll keep that in mind.

Thank so much. Smiley Happy

Andrea Alfonso Ayala

kmeeusen
Community Champion

No problem Andrea!

All I saw were users, and thought "oh no Mr. Bill!"

KLM

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
kmeeusen
Community Champion

You catch every one of my most obscure references Stefanie! I am amazed.

I am going to have to start digging even deeper into my vault of trivialities!

KLM

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for submitting this feature idea! Learn more about the feature idea process and how to champion your idea.

Your feature idea will be open for vote from Wed. October 5, 2016 - Wed. January 4, 2017. Smiley Wink

If I understand your request correctly, you are stating that the SENT folder, in Conversations, does not show the reply messages that you have sent (even though a Reply is technically a sent message). The SENT folder only show the messages that you initiate and SEND to someone. You would like to see the "Sent" folder show all messages that you have sent to another user, whether initiated by you, or by the other user.  Is that correct?

andrea_ayala
Community Novice

Hi Deactivated user​

Yeah, that is correct.

Thank you so much.

Andrea Alfonso Ayala

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Great! I'm glad I was able to get on the same page with you, here!

That said, it did take me some time to try to piece together what you were suggesting. You might consider editing this idea and replacing your initial comment with something like this:

"The SENT folder, in Conversations, does not show the reply messages that you have sent (even though a Reply is technically a sent message). The SENT folder only show the messages that you initiate and SEND to someone. You would like to see the "Sent" folder show all messages that you have sent to another user, whether initiated by you, or by the other user."

I would like to see all messages that I have sent to others (initial messages and replies), in the SENT folder.

A description like that might help you better connect with others to help them understand what you are requesting. 😉

andrea_ayala
Community Novice

Hi Deactivated user​

I already made the change in description. Also considers it necessary to change the title?

Thanks.

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Fantástico!

I'll need to change the banner text at the top so we can use it for our searches, and I can add the english version for others to read, as well!

As for the title... perhaps something like this could be better: "Replies should appear in SENT messages folder"

andrea_ayala
Community Novice

Hey!! I like your spanish. Amazing to see the word Fantástico, I´m from Colombia!!

I really like this idea also has a spanish version. I did the title change according to your suggestion.

Thank you so much. :smileygrin:

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Perfecto! Your idea will go up for voting in a few days! Feel free to learn more about the feature idea process and how to champion your idea.

I'm glad we sorted this out! Adiós!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. October 5, 2016 - Wed. January 4, 2017.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

ryan-carnahan
Community Novice

It's ridiculous that this even has to be requested as it's obviously a needed feature. Do you really need people to vote on whether they want records of the messages they send?

julie_taylor1
Community Novice

I agree that this (reply messages being logged in "sent" folder) should be a feature, period.  Regardless if enough votes are received, I encourage Canvas to fix this.  It is imperative to have a record of sent (replied to) messages and to be able to find your replies in case you need to add on, follow-up, etc.  Thanks!

cward
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

We've filed a bug ticket for this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

lesley_cryderma
Community Contributor

Is this actually a bug?  I see where the guide Notes this as expected behavior. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10053-4152719679 

andrea_ayala
Community Novice

Hi Lesley,

Probably be expected behavior, however it is an expected bad behavior. Should work like a box sent such as an email, and not have this limitation. 

Thank you so much for the time to read and comment on my idea. Smiley Happy

helfco
Community Participant

Any updates on this? Coming up on the 1-year anniversary of this idea.

I just encountered an instructor who likes to delete inbox messages to keep it uncluttered then was shocked to find that none of the replies were in the sent folder.

As he says, this behavior "flies in the face of all known email behavior planet-wide."

andrea_ayala
Community Novice

Hi  @helfco ‌

We still have no satisfactory answer from Instructure. We continue to wait, our hope to improve this case is on the Radar label Smiley Happy

Thanks for the interest, I think it's something that is affecting strongly to some institutions.