Replies should appear in SENT messages folder

(1)

English Spanish

The SENT folder, in Conversations, does not show the reply messages that you have sent (even though a Reply is technically a sent message). The SENT folder only show the messages that you initiate and SEND to someone. You would like to see the "Sent" folder show all messages that you have sent to another user, whether initiated by you, or by the other user."

I would like to see all messages that I have sent to others (initial messages and replies), in the SENT folder.

La carpeta de mensajes enviados, en Conversaciones, no muestra los mensajes de respuesta que ha enviado (a pesar de que una respuesta es técnicamente un mensaje enviado). La carpeta de mensajes enviados sólo muestra los mensajes que usted inicia y enviar a alguien. Le gustaría ver la carpeta "Enviados" Mostrar todos los mensajes que se han enviado a otro usuario, ya sea iniciada por usted o por otro usuario.

Me gustaría ver todos los mensajes que he enviado a otros (mensajes iniciales y respuestas), en la carpeta Enviados.

En la bandeja de entrada muestra la respuesta dada por el profesor para el mensaje recibido por el estudiante.

205067_pastedImage_21.png205067_pastedImage_21.png

Pero para ir a la carpeta de mensajes enviados no muestra el mensaje enviado por el profesor. La respuesta debe estar en la carpeta de elementos enviados también.

205095_pastedImage_30.png205095_pastedImage_30.png

Cuando el maestro comenzó la conversación, el mensaje si se ve desde la carpeta de elementos enviados, junto con la respuesta del estudiante.

205069_pastedImage_26.png205069_pastedImage_26.png

Incluso si vuelvo a la bandeja de entrada, aparece también la cadena de mensajes.

205094_pastedImage_29.png205094_pastedImage_29.png

Gracias.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

28 Comments
brooksfj
Community Novice

I see this issue still hasn't been resolved. After being in Blackboard for so many years we just assumed replies to student messages would be in the sent folder. I do enjoy having a clean inbox with only messages that have not been resolved yet. So after being in Canvas for two weeks now we were shocked to find out everything we have deleted for two weeks are gone and not in a sent or deleted folder. Canvas please correct this.

cms_hickss
Community Coach
Community Coach

You do not know how many "but I swear I sent the message, can you investigate" cases this would resolve if a user could find all the messages that they sent or replied to from conversations in one "sent" mail folder.

eduardonead
Community Novice

Thanks for the interest, and support with your comment my idea. Smiley Happy

eduardonead
Community Novice

Hi Susan,

Of course, many cases of this type would no longer happen.

Thank you for your comment. Smiley Happy

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Radar idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.

aaron_bahmer
Community Contributor

...and now past the two-year anniversary. How long must something wait for an UP or DOWN vote from Instructure. We're not selecting Supreme Court Justices here. Too soon? Sorry.

smithr2
Community Participant

It seems like this is an old thread and so might be done for, but here are my thoughts:

We need at least the option to "disable conversation view" (like Gmail does).

The organization of the inbox as is might be fine if you have a small number of classes or students or messages. But it is unwieldy if you have a large number of classes, students, or messages.

Some examples:

If I SEND a message to a student as a reply to their original message, it only shows in the inbox, not the sent folder. Even though I sent it, it is not in the sent folder, it is only in the inbox. Filtering by "Sent" folder can't help this, so that isn't a fix. 

If I send a message to the whole class, and multiple students reply, they are all linked in one conversation making it very difficult to find individual threads with different students. Then, even if I search for messages from one student, the messages from the others come up because of the conversation view, forcing me to scroll through all of them to see if there's a specific message in there. It's frustrating.

It would be much easier to search, find specific messages, and follow threads if my inbox could be allowed/filtered/set to hold only messages TO me and my sent folder only messages FROM me. Even if this was just a preference set to disable conversation view, it would be a real improvement.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Our Product Team reviewed some of our oldest feature proposals recently, and this thread was identified as one that they would not be able to include in their current or future plans. While we appreciate your proposal, we also want to be transparent about the likelihood of something like this making it to production.

The Product Team currently focuses on the Discussions Redesign as a prioritized response to customer feedback. As such, they don't have plans to make updates to Inbox within the next year. With the transition to data-driven design, we are in the VERY early stages of investigating improvement opportunities and have noted this feedback. We will continue documenting/researching trends/patterns for future updates.