Retain NQ Editor Size When Image Alignment Changes

0 Likes

The size of the editor should retain its size even when a user changes the alignment of an image. The video shows the following:

1. I resize the editor window to increase the height dimensions.
  2. I change the alignment of an image (from left to center align for example).
  3. The editor window size automatically changes to a much smaller height.

I like to wrap text around images so I frequently change the alignment of an image. I sent this to Support and they told me, “So with the new quizzes that is normal behavior but I would suggest going to our "Ideas" page and making a suggestion to our engineers to have this changed.” [case #07809172]

I don’t think automatic resizing of the editor window is considered “normal behavior.” Has anyone else noticed this? Is there already a Feature Idea submitted or a Known Issue reported?

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@Sylvia_Ami 

Thanks for sharing this feedback, Sylvia. We're not moving it forward for broader discussion because rather than developing further on the text editor that currently exists in New Quizzes, it is the product team's goal to replace it with the standard RCE used in Canvas. Please follow the product manager's blog post at  Quizzes Planned Priorities and Roadmap 2021 and the related idea: New Quizzes - RCE to match Canvas for updates.

Thanks again! I apologize that Canvas Support sent you here, but I hope the news I have for you makes up for it.