[Rich Content Editor] Autosaving replies on discussion boards

0 Likes
(2)

When I write a reply sometimes I click off the post where I lost my response. It drives me nuts as I was almost done writing or done writing the response. 

6 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Greetings @AlexandraHearn 

There is an autosave function in the text editor.  You can find more information about it in the View Auto-Saved Content section of  How do I add and modify text in the Rich Content Editor

Has your experience been different than this?

hesspe
Community Champion

@Renee_Carney  My testing indicates that Autosave does not work in the Discussion Board redesign (but does in the "pre-design").  Can you confirm or correct?

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you @hesspe and I apologize for my delay in getting back to you.  I was inquiring with our product team.  It sounds like there was a solution partially created, if not completed, during a recent hack week. It was never released, and the engineer has moved on, so the product manager is now investigating the status. The project manager does recognize the importance of this feature and what a miss it was to not have it in the redesign. 

So while we can't make any promises of when this will be resolved, we greatly appreciate you calling this out.  

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

km3121
Community Member

I found this out the hard way tonight. Was writing a discussion post for class and then attached a file. The page was stuck on submitting, upon pressing refresh my work was gone. All 800 works and links, videos and attachment. No saves draft or anything. 

Really unhappy. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.