Rotate Images in Speed Grader

(3)

Grading takes longer without the ability to rotate student-submitted images in Speed Grader. I have to download, open and rotate images to view them correctly. Part of this problem would be fixed if students could rotate their images in Canvas as they submit them, which is a separate but related problem. But the ability to rotate an image in Speed Grader would be useful even then (since some students will probably not care to rotate their images). This would allow me to better add annotations to the image so that the student can see my feedback and understand it. I am facing this a problem in art class, but I imagine it would help anyone who is requesting image uploads for assignments.

4 Comments
robmike
Community Member

In particular, this is an issue on the iPad app. The web version has a rotate button, but the iPad app does not. 

jvwowd
Community Member

I agree, and I have not seen this feature even on the web version (with grading quizzes).

bbc24
Community Explorer

Please add the image rotation feature in the Canvas Teacher App in Speedgrader. Jpg's need to be marked up and I can't rotate the image to make it easier to read.

Thank you!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.