[Rubrics] Rubric Export

It would be great if canvas would allow a rubric to be exported to a word doc, csv format or pdf so that rubrics can be used in class instruction or provided to students with assignment description and syllabi. Currently, a rubric can be printed but not downloaded so it cannot be shared digitally without recreating the document, which, is a waste of time.

Added to Theme

69 Comments
ldanford
Community Member

Hi Jena,
Has anyone contacted you regarding this request? I would love an answer or guide as well. In Feb 2019, @ken black, suggested the following: Download/ Export Criteria Scores from Rubric .

Please keep me in mind if you get an answer.

Stay healthy and safe.

ebusch
Community Novice

Given all the current changes in teaching to remote learning due to Covid-19, we are now carrying out most of our testing online. We are also using it to check student book work. I had never used speed grader before but am now so much more competent. The rubric facility is fantastic but it is such a shame that we can't download/export the data to analyse the results. 

I understand there is some form of connecting the rubric to outcomes for reporting but not all our assignment tasks are necessarily having a direct link to the reports. It is about both formative and summative assessment.

This particular idea thread has been running since Dec 2017. There is obviously a long standing need of which I have only recently become aware. As teachers, we are all having to adapt and learn to cope with this current changing nature of teaching and learning. Please, Canvas take this request on seriously and see if you can make it happen. It is a great LMS - just make it even better. 

Thanks. 

c3bb9c482db31f2
Community Explorer

During this time most, if not all, faculty are online and using online assessments. Not having the ability to easily transfer, copy, download, import, export specifics rubrics into their new online courses is absolutely not something they want to hear - especially where Canvas outshines other LMS, please make this easier!!!!!!!

I agree with Elizabeth! "Given all the current changes in teaching to remote learning due to Covid-19, we are now carrying out most of our testing online. We are also using it to check student book work. I had never used speed grader before but am now so much more competent. The rubric facility is fantastic but it is such a shame that we can't download/export the data to analyses the results"

diborg
Community Explorer

YES!!! This needs to be added. It is so frustrating!!

pkrysl
Community Explorer

The exported course is a zip file ( nevermind that it's extension is .imscc). You will find rubrics.XML in the folder course_settings.

Why this obfuscation from the company? Why not just say that everything in the course ends up in a zip file?

mr1707
Community Member

Print to PDF is desperately needed.

jcrozier2
Community Explorer

As a student and as an instructor I wish the rubrics were downloadable as PDFs or Word docs so that students can download them before and after grading.  After grading they can get the rubric and the notes - and before grading they can get it to use as a checklist.

As a student I have always just copied and pasted or tried to print (to PDF) the entire assignment submission page but it was always a bit of a mess.

Having the rubric be able to be printed (like the annotated feedback) would also students to create a clear checklist.

bcrozier24
Community Novice

Yes, being able to download and print would be incredibly helpful for our students who need a tangible object, especially our Special Education students.

mrsmdean
Community Member

I teach in a vocational school.  We are preparing for our 339 program re-approval.  One requirement is to submit assessments.  They need to be printed.  Being able to print rubrics would most definitively benefit everyone in the school.  

denanewman
Community Explorer

We need this feature so students can download and work offline if they want.  Without this feature we are forced to attach a Word doc version, which adds risk of error between the attached and embedded rubrics.