Rubric extra credit items

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I just spoke with a Canvas support person and they verified that there is no way to have extra credit items in a Rubric such that the overall score will be greater than the defined perfect score for the assignment.

For example lets say I have an assignment worth 100 points. I then have two extra credit items a student can implement, the first worth a maximum of 5 points the second worth a maximum of 10 points.  I would like to add two Rubric items for each extra credit and allow the TA to put the points associated with the extra credit results in each of those items.  This should result in a student getting up to a 115 out of 100 on an assignment that has a perfect score of 100. This does not happen currently. When the TA attempts to do this the score remains at 100. The TA then has to put a comment in indicating which extra credit they received points for and then adjust the overall score. This is error prone and not ideal.

Thanks

Joseph Ficara

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13886 .

13 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@josephficara ​

There is a rubric extra credit solution suggested by Jared Stein here

Would you please take a look and let us know if that process works for you.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Joseph

Did you get a chance to explore the extra credit solution I linked to above?

josephficara
Community Novice

That solution although creative will not work well for us.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you!  Your idea will open for voting in the April cohort.

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. April 6, 2016 - Wed. July 6, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

189904_pastedImage_6.pngWe appreciate you, and the submission of your idea. Your dialogue helps our product teams prioritize feature development. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially, yes. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. Feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and influence product direction.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-12-18) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2018-01-06) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@josephficara  Thank You  for submitting this idea. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! 

josephficara
Community Novice
Status changed to: Completed