Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubrics should automatically show if speedgrader

Rubrics should automatically show if speedgrader

0 Kudos
(4)

User Role: Instructor

Problem:

I'm confused as to why this extra step exists. If I'm grading an assignment in SpeedGrader based off of a rubric, why do I need to select "View rubric" every single time?

Solution/Idea Suggestion:

If I have it set to grade based off of a rubric, the rubric should show automatically. 

6 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

wschilling
Surveyor

From a usability standpoint, this extra click to open the rubric is entirely unnecessary.  If I'm using the rubric for grading, why do I first need to move to the next student and then open the rubric.  When grading 50 students assignments, this is 50 extra clicks that do not need to be there.

yoder1
Surveyor II

Yes, I think that if the rubric showed automatically, this would be helpful.

deliabush
Surveyor

I was about to request the same feature.  It makes no sense as to why I have to hit "view rubric" every time I want to grade something.  It would be a time saver if the rubric would automatically show up.  

mpromislo
Surveyor

YES!! This is one of my biggest pet peeves about Canvas. I agree that the rubric should open automatically. It is incredibly annoying to have all those extra clicks EVERY single time. 

yoder1
Surveyor II

Indeed, I have stopped using rubrics within Canvas partly because of this issue of so much overhead.  It just doesn't compete with my own Excel + email process.

(I also need a "default" value for rubric items that I choose not to evaluate when grading.)

Note: This is part of a much larger, bigger project though.  From my perspective, getting an entire class of 20 students to preload over a network and doing the hundreds of little UX adjustments so that I can quickly flip between student solutions is even more important.

Similarly, I have a desire that someday Canvas could compete with Gradescope when it comes to grouping student responses and managing comments with associated points off.