cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIS Import button

SIS Import button

0 Kudos

I would like to request a button on the SIS Import page that would allow me to start an import on my data.  This will speed up the need to update our data when changes are made during the day.

7 Comments
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

@john_steele 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Are you an admin or an instructor? Would you provide a screenshot that shows the SIS Import page referenced in the description and specify where it is found in Canvas?

Surveyor

I am an Admin (Network Administrator) for the district.  below you will see a button that will allow me to process a CSV file but my district connects to our roster server and I would like to be able to start the retrieval of our data from the roster server and import it into Canvas.

john_steele_0-1598456800765.png

Community Team
Community Team

@john_steele 

The screenshot and added details are very helpful! We've moved this forward for broader discussion.

Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

Surveyor

Here is the real reason I want this button.  One line from the last ticket update I received,

"The current estimated wait time for a response in this queue is 3-5 business days."

We can't wait 3 to 5 days!

Community Team
Community Team

@john_steele 

We are sorry that people are encountering long wait times for Canvas Support. This is our current standard initial response to support requests:

As you may know, many businesses and learning institutions have been impacted by Covid-19 in unexpected ways. Canvas Support is currently experiencing a large increase in volume related to the start of the Fall 2020 semester. We acknowledge and apologize for the increased wait times. We will respond as soon as we can. For urgent requests please contact us via phone or chat.

We apologize. Please know that we are doing everything we can to add additional agents quickly and keep up with the massive increase in requests.

Surveyor

I understand and sympathize with the workload and my intent with that comment was to show that my request will take some of that load off of support by allowing the admins to take control of that activity.