[SIS] Late Indicator in Passback grades

0 Likes
(3)
Problem statement:

The Late indicator in Canvas was passing over to Powerschool when we performed a grade sync. Now, it appears that functionality is no longer available. This is very valuable to our teachers.

Proposed solution:

Allow the Late indicator in Canvas to passback to Powerschool. This functionality worked last year but is no longer working this school year. Teachers need this capability so that they do not have to manually add the late indicator to assignments in Powerschool.

User role(s):

instructor

16 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

lsommerer
Community Explorer

We also have teachers who are lamenting the loss of the status indicators that were formerly passed from Canvas to PowerSchool. 

jschoettlin
Community Member

Agreed. I'm in the middle of prepping for parent-teacher conferences. I like to print an individual grade report for each student conference, and I had to manually write-in those tags. Super annoying.

jedavis1
Community Explorer

Please please bring this back!

nbassett
Community Novice

This is a valuable piece of the overall assessment teachers compile to give students, and parents, an idea of how well a student is performing. Bring late indicators back please!

jrickords
Community Novice

The late indicator is not only valuable to me as a teacher but for parents as well who check their children's progress.  Please reinstate the late indicator. 

lluebe
Community Member

Please add it back in!  Parents are assuming that things are done when they are not.  

kschatz2
Community Member

These indicators are vital in good communication with our parents and students on what work was turned in. Having that feature turned off and no longer a part of our grade sync is causing serious issues with students/parents knowing what has been turned in and what has not. I beg you, please bring this feature back! 

legenzamegan
Community Novice

These indicators are vital in good communication with our parents and students on what work was turned in. Having that feature turned off and no longer a part of our grade sync is causing serious issues with students/parents knowing what has been turned in and what has not. I beg you, please bring this feature back!

JaseyReinhart
Community Novice

That indicator is very important when having conversations with parents and students.  Without it, our stakeholders are unsure about late/missing/incomplete assignments and causing questions that could be answered automatically if that feature was turned back on.  Thanks!

Kent21
Community Novice

This indicator is very important when communicating with both parents and students. Both parties assume things have been turned in when they haven't, and therefore they do not actually submit them or check further.  If that feature was turned back on, this would be a simple fix. However, right now grading in Canvas and marking assignments as missing/late/incomplete is becoming a hassle without this feature. Please turn this feature back on!!

PaigeRambour
Community Novice

LorenHauck
Community Novice

I am having the same issue. CANVAS has the ability to "carry over" the missing flag and the exempt flag. Why don't they allow the LATE flag to "carry over" as well?

dloomis
Community Participant

Has anyone received any updates on this issue?

jcox1
Community Participant

I am the submitter and I have not received any updates at all

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.