[Rich Content Editor] Scheduler Should have Rich Content Editor

If the Rich Content Editor would be available in the Calendar Scheduler then, using the Microsoft Teams LTI app I would be able to embed a link to a Teams meeting that will be seen by only the student having the appointment scheduled in the Calendar Scheduler

Currently I use the Rich Content Editor in Calendar along with the Microsoft Teams LTI app to embed a link to a Virtual Office Meeting on the day of the meeting. Unfortunately when I do this a notification is sent to all the students in the class even though this Virtual Office Meeting is intended for only one student. I cannot turn off this notification to the students regarding this Calendar event. So currently I send out an email to the students to ignore this Virtual Meeting event if it does not apply to them. Having the Rich Content Editor in the Scheduler will resolve this process.

Added to Theme

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

VHDL2STA
Community Member

A while back I had posted a feature request that the Rich Content Editor (RCE) be available when writing emails. 

There is a connection between this current request for the Canvas Scheduler to include the RCE and my previous request for emails to contain the RCE.

If emails have (RCE) then I can use the Microsoft Teams LTI app to create a link to a Virtual Office Meeting and email it directly to the student. This avoids the need to embed the link to the Virtual Office Meeting into a calendar day that will trigger notifications being sent to all the students in the class which is what I was trying to avoid by requesting the Canvas Scheduler to contain RCE. Emails having RCE should take higher priority over RCE in the Scheduler because RCE is greatly needed in emails.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme