[Scheduler] Scheduler recurring events

I should be able to use the scheduler to set up appointment slots for office hours for one week and then have an option for Canvas to automatically create the same schedule on subsequent weeks.

Added to Theme

87 Comments
tdelong
Community Novice

Can you give us an update on this question? As we prepare for the new school year, we are required to make an appointment for every day for every group. We have over 20 groups, so that is 100 appointments a week that we (meaning me) must create individually. A recurring option would be INCREDIBLY time saving.

Thanks for your time.

alan_broder
Community Novice

When will this be ready? Your July 2015 posting said that recurring appointments were in "beta". Really?

cdoherty
Community Participant

That was for recurring events in the Calendar, not the Scheduler.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@tdelong ​,  @natalie_norton1 ​ and  @alan_broder ​

Thank you for returning to this idea to check for a status update.  At this point, the idea is still in archive (holding).  There are no new updates or status changes.

jayhawktech
Community Novice

This would be a huge time saver for us too.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  Idea is currently in Product Radar Learn more about this stage...
jherring
Community Novice

I would like to offer a suggestion of being able to add recurring events to Scheduler as well. 
I recently needed to create a signup for an assignment that needed students to sign up for two events that occurred on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday at 11:00, 4:00, and 5:00.  The event wound up needing 132 appointments to be created. This would also be an ideal situation for Office Hours. 

245410_pastedImage_1.png

michael_mcgarr1
Community Participant

I wish I could up-vote this 1000x. This feature is desperately needed in the Scheduler!

thompsli
Community Champion

I know this was about 2 years ago, but I figured out a work-around when I needed to schedule slots for my own use: Test Student can reserve slots. I'd still like to see Canvas have a sensible way for teachers to manually schedule appointments (I need this a lot when I'm meeting with parents since Observers can't make appointments either), but it's better than nothing.

RobDitto
Community Champion

Nice tip,  @thompsli !