Search option for internal links

0 Likes
(1)

When I link to internal content, like an assignment or page, I wish I could search for the title of the item I'm trying to link instead of having to scroll to the right one. I appreciate the update that shows which ones are published, but as the term progresses, that won't help much! 

Tags (2)
2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@msburkhardt 

Thank you for sharing this idea. Please add your comments to the ongoing discussion underway at Search bar when adding to modules, and we'll archive this one to remove the duplication and keep the conversation unified in one place.

You might also be interested in subscribing to Search feature in the Add images area—and for a broadly encompassing search request, check out the conversation at Comprehensive Course Search Tool (Searching Course Content for a Topic) as well as this related conversation directed at the import tool: Search bar when importing course content

rose_maxwell
Community Member

I'm wondering if a search box could be added to the Links sidebar that slides out. When I want to link a page to a button on my Homepage (I'm an elementary teacher), what I have is an unwieldy number of pages and I often need to "load more" several times to get to the page I want. If a search bar was added to this sidebar it would be so much easier to find pages! I could just start typing the name of the page and all the options would pop up. Thanks!