[Course Import/Export] See Detailed List of Course Imports for All Content and Selected Migration Content

When importing course content, it would be great to see the detailed list of:

• What items were imported if the user used the option "Select Migration Content"
  • Who Initiated the import
  • Whether it was the entire course or parts of a course (Select Migration Content)
  • Display if the item is a duplicate when imported into the course
  • Create a way to un-import what was imported (just in case users mess up)
  • It would also be nice to add a warning screen if the item is a duplicate
  • Teacher/Admin notification when import has completed/failed

Since on some courses there are multiple imports it is difficult to determine what items were imported into the course. This would be nice for users to see who is importing content in their course, and what items were imported as well. It would be great to see if individual items were imported successfully. This would assist Admins, Teachers, Course Designers and anyone with access to the course settings.

22 Comments
tj
Instructure
Instructure

This would be a wonderful addition to the import tool.  Being able to see what was done per import would really help with troubleshooting issues (and pointing finger!).

rpeterson
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

If I could vote!  I totally would! 

cbroadhead
Instructure
Instructure

May 5th voting is open.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

@rpeterson ​ You are Screenshot 2015-04-22 17.21.54.png allowed to vote!

kbishop
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

I also like the idea of a warning message for course copies.  I am often helping people who created a course through course copy, they then decided to copy over a specific quiz again to create a duplicate in their course and it automatically overwrites their current quiz, causing much turmoil.

cbroadhead
Instructure
Instructure

Great idea Katie. I added that to the list. You are awesome!

asatkins
Community Novice

Oh man, this would be stellar!

bdoran
Community Contributor

admin_brake​ at CSU will absolutely love this feature!

jhalter
Community Member

I agree. Just had an issue with missing links and can not find out why the links are missing since the copy course had them.

blong
Community Participant

being able to do version control/back out an import would be helpful.  We just had a faculty member import an exam and it overwrote an existing one (her midterm and final were from the same source).  While I understand that this is why the quiz banks exist and am working on training for that, it doesn't change the fact that being able to back out an import would be incredibly helpful