Select Multiple Classes to Copy Assignments

0 Likes
(8)

I teach 6 different classes than cannot be crosslinked but that occasionally share certain assignments. It would be SOOOOOO helpful and time-effective to be able to choose multiple class at once when doing the "COPY TO" feature.   A click box to select the number of courses for that assignment - not necessarily a "Select All" button in this instance.

ALTHOUGH that would be a nice "select all" feature in the inbox.

Comments from Instructure

This is a companion idea to  Copying Assignments to Multiple Classes.

11 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@bara_franklin 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for broader conversation, please know that existing functionality addresses this: instructors can share the content to Commons, and then select multiple courses into which to copy that content. Details are in How do I share a resource to Commons? and How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas?

.Here's the link to the completed idea: Adding content to multiple courses at one time

crawfjb
Community Novice

Copying individual assignments is very easy. Being able to copy specific content to multiple courses at a time rather than just one.

msburkhardt
Community Member

This feature would especially be useful for copying Announcements! 

thomas_walker1
Community Explorer

Two thumbs up on this request, especially for announcements!

Community Novice

I don't want to Cross List all my classes, but many times I use the same assignment in more than one class.  It would be nice to be able to copy assignments to more than one class at a time.

casmit52
Community Novice

I have 4 other classes to copy my content to.  Currently, I have to exit out of the "copy to" menu each time.  I wish there was a checkbox menu where I can select all the classes I want my content uploaded. 

JuliaFoust
Community Member

As a high school instructor it would be very helpful if you could copy modules/lessons to all courses at one time.  It is very time consuming and confusing to do this process one at a time when you have 6 classes.

RichardKinsey
Community Explorer

Canvas may be the most time consuming instructional design LMS due to the tedious process of "Copying" : 

• 3 dots
  • Copy to
  • Find course
  • Copy
  • X or Close
  • 3 dots…

Repeat for each course

Then go back to each course and to grade and set open, close(availability time), change unlike Schoology where in linked courses it was simple to go between classes for grading and teachers were able to set various materials/items settings – published, available, etc. Also have to change Assignment group from Imported Assignment. 

Using a checkbox or dropdown to ad to multiple course and be able to choose within a single interface would be very helpful. See screenshot

RichardKinsey
Community Explorer

@Stef_retired 

This is not a good option.

Should be built into Modules, Items to copy to any of your courses by selecting and also setting any parameters.

shumphr2
Community Member

I agree. Please allow for "copy to" multiple courses at once. Also, please allow for the deletion of an uploaded file. If a student uploads the wrong file, the only way to remedy is to allow multiple attempts, which is tedious for just that person or allowing multiple attempts for all, which might not be what I want.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.