[Modules] Selecting and Moving Multiple Items in Modules

I am working on a new semester in Canvas. I have moved over my old content from Blackboard. I am now trying to organize items a bit better into modules. It would be wonderful if there was a way to select multiple items in the modules sections and move them all at once to a new or different module. Thanks!

Added to Theme

Simplify bulk course tasks Theme Status: Identified

67 Comments
tgowan
Community Member

yes PLEASE this is such a no-brainer - would save several hours when redesigning courses. We need to work on CONTENT!!

hholderman
Community Novice

Moving multiple items at a time would save a TON of time.  Everyone creates modules to make sense to them.  Sharing modules still ends up taking a long time because everything, at this point, has to be moved one at a time.  

It would help us tremendously to be able to move more than one thing at a time.

pritter
Community Explorer

I have been saying that this should be a feature since I began using Canvas. The ability to select multiple items in modules and move, or delete them, or publish/unpublishing them would be a massive time saver when setting up new courses.

Teachin4life
Community Member

I think it would be incredibly helpful if we could move and/or delete items in a module more than one at a time. 

Teachin4life
Community Member

I would love it if the page didn't scroll back to the top when editing. 

augustyn
Community Explorer

This is needed! Particularly if you have set up multiple page introductions and then have to deep link to external content!!! Please make this a feature.

Kelly8706
Community Member

Our district provides course content for staff to use. But they load all the items for one week into one module. I need to move a day's worth of instructional items to a new module for students to access. Currently, I am having to click each item separately and move it to my newly created module. It is very time consuming and tedious. I wish there was a way to move more than one item at a time from one module to the next? Copying the entire module over and deleting the other days items is just the same- you can only delete one item at a time.

Please make this a possibility!!!!

levisam
Community Novice

Please consider adding a multi-select button for moving, deleting, or copying pages, assignments, quizzes, etc. from module to module.  Sometimes I want to transfer a whole module into another, but sometimes I want to to just transfer part to another module.  Having to go in and either deleting, moving, or copying each item one by one is time consuming, tedious, and NOT USER FRIENDLY!

mskramsey
Community Member

Can you please add this feature?

We are using Canvas for Elementary school (so we work in Quarters, not semesters) & I am now going to have to move a significant amount of content from the Quarter 1 modules to the Quarter 2 modules. Additionally, I am importing the work from my district to add into our modules - more time to move those.

I don't generally like being that guy, but in this case I'm going to do it. This specific thread with this request began in January 2019. It's been almost 2 years. Is it really that hard to add a checkbox at the front of each assignment & add a "Move All Selected" button to push them? Really?!?!?

You aren't building a completely new functionality here - we can already move stuff, but just individually.  I think my level of frustration is showing. I will be the first to sing your praises all the day long if you could get this working. Thank you.

caerfalias
Community Explorer

Yes! Why is there so much clicking required in this platform??