[Modules] Selecting and Moving Multiple Items in Modules

I am working on a new semester in Canvas. I have moved over my old content from Blackboard. I am now trying to organize items a bit better into modules. It would be wonderful if there was a way to select multiple items in the modules sections and move them all at once to a new or different module. Thanks!

Added to Theme

Simplify bulk course tasks Theme Status: Identified

67 Comments
claire_cooper
Community Member

I agree. It seems like a simple thing to add and would add so much to the ease of use for teachers. Please add this! It is so tedious to move items one at a time. I spend so long having to do this each week. PLEASE

williamscr
Community Member

The ability to select multiple items in a module to move, copy, share, etc would be very helpful.

smorrissette
Community Member

Please make it possible to copy/move more than one page at a time. It would be nice to select multiple pages at one time.

1sk
Community Member

I agree, please allow us to select multiple pages to move at once.

kim20
Community Novice

After two years of conversation on this idea, all Canvas-using educators are still spending hours and hours acting on individual items, without a multi-select feature.  This is a massive misuse of educator time!  (If a programmer had to spend even two hours doing this type of repetitive task, there'd be some tool development.)

HSiders
Community Member

This would definitely be a great feature! A new semester has started and I'm trying to move all my assignments from the first semester to a new category. It is taking forever. I would love to be able to move several at once! 

BNUNLEY2
Community Novice

I would also love to see the ability to select multiple items in both Modules and Assignments. I'd like to be able to Move, Duplicate, Publish, and Delete multiple items. This would be a HUGE time saver so I could have more time to make meaningful lessons for my students.

mskramsey
Community Member

Ok, so first of all I want to say - THANK YOU - for the "Move Contents" feature added to the drop down (on the three dots) per module.  This will save me, personally, & I'm sure many others, a great deal of time!

The only little thing that would make this perfect (in my mind) would be the ability to select which items are being moved in a group - as opposed to only one at a time or all of them at once.

But - thank you for the increase in functionality - just blew my mind while I was setting up my 4th Quarter work for my two Elementary classes. Thank you!!!

dr_sten
Community Participant

Canvas literally doesn't pay attention to anything written here. We switched to Canvas from Moodle and it's a **bleep** nightmare. How is it possible that there is no way to move items in bulk via a select radiobutton or a check button? MSDOS had file managers that could do that. We are paying to be tortured and neglected.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@dr_sten Our team reads all of the ideas posted here, our engineers and product managers review all of the ideas aligned with their product areas along with the use cases presented, and I review all of the ideas that are shared along with the comments posted to them. In that light, I'd remind you that we are a friendly community and we welcome constructive discourse that is consistent with the Canvas Community guidelines: What are the Canvas Community guidelines? 

Please read through them and use them to guide your activity here in the future. Thanks.