Selection Cursor for LTI Apps in the Rich Content Editor (RCE)

0 Likes
(2)

When I am editing a content page in a course using the RCE, I select the "Apps" icon, and then choose "View All" to see all my available integrated apps that we have integrated in our Canvas environment.  When I place my mouse on any of the bolded app names such as Films on Demand, Microsoft Teams Meetings, Quizlet, StudioYouTube, etc., my mouse cursor changes from an arrow to a text cursor (like it thinks I want to start typing text in a word processor).  This is not intuitive to me...as I would expect to instead see a hand cursor with the pointing finger because the bolded app name is really a "selection" that can be clicked on.  Strangely, even with the text cursor displaying over the bolded app name, I can still click on it to tell Canvas this is the app I want to use.  Also, the current gray app description below the name of an app does display the hand cursor if I need to expand the description...so I assume the hand cursor will also display with the new "View description" link, too, as described in Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-03-03) - Canvas Community.

I have also chatted with Instructure Tech Support about this.  Ticket #07369531.

I'm hoping this can be corrected at some point...thanks.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hey, Chris,

We'll get this updated!

Thanks,

Erin

eschiebel
Instructure
Instructure

You're right and I it's still that way even though we just rewrote that dialog. I'm embarrassed I didn't catch it. Will get fixed ASAP. Thanks for your attention to detail.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Chris_Hofer Happily, Ed will fix this, so it's not necessary for this idea conversation to move forward; we've archived it. Thanks for bringing it up!

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you everyone!  I appreciate it!