Send a message disappearing without warning bug

0 Likes
(1)

When I try to send a message to a student using the mail icon after selecting a student from the People list, if I “accidentally” click outside of the message window, the message window disappears without warning. There is no notice that the message will be gone and the time you spent writing the message will be wasted. It should not be possible that the message window would disappear when clicking outside the window.

Tags (3)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@studyvs 

Thanks for sharing this idea; we agree that this is not ideal behavior. We've moved the conversation forward for further discussion.

In the meantime, have you also addressed this with Canvas Support? It might be helpful for them to have a ticket on this; use the Report a Problem option in the Help menu to provide them the link to this conversation for context.

studyvs
Community Participant

Thanks for moving the conversation forward. It’s been a frustrating thing to discover.

i already contacted Canvas Support. They are the ones that asked me to start the conversation here.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.