Sending Login Information from Canvas only

0 Likes

It will be really life-saving if we can have option within the canvas to send login information to users just like the Moodle platform. 

Enrolling bulk students and then sending their login information to them via emails is a time-consuming process.

Thanks

4 Comments
afoote
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @Navjeet,

I have a few questions to ask for clarification. Do your students not receive registration emails through Canvas? Are you looking for functionality for admins? Or instructors? Also, where would you want the feature to live? In the People page or through an SIS option? 

Thanks!

Alli

Navjeet
Community Member
Author

So what i am looking for is:

when I enroll bulk students through SIS, I have to send them their login credentials through email. 

When we add individual students through the "add people" button, an invitation is sent t automatically. 

What I think is there should be an option for admins to send login credentials to students from the canvas portal only, maybe when we SIS import students, there should be a button to send login information to those who are just enrolled through SIS. 

please refer to the image below. 

Navjeet_0-1604293657493.png

I hope it makes sense. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.