[New Quizzes] Set up Quizzes with multiple pages

In my current course management system, it is easy (one click) to set up a Quiz where a given number of questions appear on one page. The only option on Canvas is to show each question separately.

I want to be able to randomize all questions and for the system to then show only 5-6 questions per page. The Groups feature does not allow this - you can only randomize within a group. I also was not able to create Groups as I desire from an existing quiz (imported from D2L).

This should be relatively easy to incorporate in the Classic and/or New quizzes programs.

Added to Theme

Expand options for quiz formats Theme Status: Identified

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

TiffanyStull
Community Participant

I agree that it's important for instructors to be able to insert page breaks where needed in a quiz.  Many instructors want to have a reading passage, audio or video clip, scenario, or case study associated with several questions, and they want each page to include the passage, clip, scenario, or case study with its associated questions.

Having all the questions on one page can make the quiz too slow to load, especially if there are multiple audio/video clips.  Having each question on one page can break up the flow of questions that build on one another.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme