Several email notifications when students turn in a google assignment

0 Likes

When my students turn in google assignments through canvas, I receive 2 simultaneous emails: notification of submission and notification of re-submissions. Then, when I grade the assignment, I get another re-submission notification. I don't want to completely turn off notifications, but I don't want 3 per student for each assignment.  

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@clynnmaxwell Have you asked Canvas Support to investigate this behavior, and if so, would you please provide the case number for the interaction? Thanks.

clynnmaxwell
Community Member

I did a live chat with canvas support and the rep just said that "there isn't a setting for that" (meaning, I can't change the number of notifications for an assignment in settings.  I asked if this problem could be investigated and the rep said "I'll see what I can do, but in the meantime you should post the question to the canvas community."  Then, I received an email that my case was closed:

Your Canvas Support case 07120735 has been set to a "Closed" status. This is either because your issue was resolved, or we haven't heard back from you after our last response. If you'd like to reopen this case, please reply to this email message.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@clynnmaxwell Thanks for providing the case number. A member of our support team is going to continue to engage with you directly on the case itself to obtain additional details.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived