Shortcut key to open math equation editor

0 Likes
(11)

With the new RCE, the link to open the math equation editor is tucked away so it's now two (sometimes finicky and so usually more than two) clicks away rather than one click away.  It would be helpful, for those who insert equations into almost everything they write, to have a shortcut key to open the equation editor.

7 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @ezaurova -

Thank you for sharing! Yes, these are different ideas and should be submitted separately. That way, conversations can focus on each with the focus they deserve. I'm going to mark this Archived to prevent confusion, but please take the time to separate them into their own requests and we'll open in them up for conversation! 🐼

ezaurova
Community Participant

@KristinL I can't edit the original suggestion, but if you could just remove the second paragraph, then we can focus on the original issue.  Thank you.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @ezaurova - Thank you for clarifying! I edited the idea for you.

ds08
Community Explorer

Having a shortcut into the equation editor, especially into the advanced mode of the equation editor, would save me a boatload of time.  Please considering adding a shortcut for both modes.

MaureenGerlofs
Community Novice

Having a quick key to access the equation editor would be nice.

MohammadZarrin
Community Novice

Having a shortcut into the equation editor, especially into the advanced mode, would be great.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.