[Assignment Enhancements] Show entire comment history for submission

As part of my grading process I will often leave students feedback in Canvas and expect them to use that feedback to improve and resubmit their work. Previously, I used to be able to easily see my entire comment history when reviewing student work and was able to have an ongoing conversation and easily see my old feedback.

The old behavior in SpeedGrader was to show all comments for a student on an assignment. In the Student Assignment Enhancements, this was changed so that only "Comments for this Attempt" are shown. Teachers now need to toggle back through old submission(s) to see what they previously said about a student's work.

I would like to suggest that this behavior be reverted or at least an option be provided to "Show all comments" to allow teachers to more easily have this sort of ongoing dialogue with students about their work without needing extra clicks to review old comments.

Added to Theme

17 Comments
rdutta
Community Participant

This used to exist! Please revert to it!! Students and faculty need to see the history of documents to know how each submission has improved. This should move quickly beyond conversation!! And should not be that difficult to reset. Please do it as soon as possible.

epratt
Community Member

Still no update on this??? It has been nearly a year. With standards-based (or mastery) learning, it is still such an inconvenience to change attempts, wait for my slow school computer to load the previous submission, view comments, returns to current submission, update grade and add more comments. Please give an options to View All Submission Comments! Or Previous Comments! Or Comments from Previous Submissions! Or some other logical name! Thanks 🙂

kpk9
Community Member

Yes! Please bring it back.

lauramaewojo
Community Participant

Yes, we need this feature!

bjpeterson
Community Member

Please look into this feature!!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team