Show in Folder

0 Likes
(1)

My Canvas file structure includes a very large number of documents and images. When I am looking for a specific file, it often become a bit of an overwhelming job. I can search for the file by name, which is great, but there is not option to "Reveal the folder" the file is in, or "Show in containing folder." This should be one of the options, since many times I need to replace an older file with an updated one.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

RobDitto
Community Champion

Rated 5 stars, @darren_willis! I want to invite you to consider my closely related idea from a few years ago, which is still around as an Idea Conversation today:

darren_willis
Community Explorer
Author

shoot, they didn't want to pursue your post from 5 years ago? that's depressing. It's almost like the people making decisions are not the ones using the product, day in and day out.

I don't know if it helps, but I gave your original post the 5-star salute!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.