Show more classes in Calendar

(7)
This request is to allow additional classes to be shown in the calendar view. Right now, with a cap of only 10, it is not possible to have the calendar show all classes from all terms. Our terms are consecutive (for example, a term ends at the end of September, with a new term starting at the beginning of October). For faculty and students to have a complete picture of the schedule from one week to the next, they need to ability to view at least 14-16 courses on the calendar at a time. This is also useful when building the course calendar, so that there is not a constant need to change which courses are selected to be visible. Having this option will not increase clutter for anyone (because they can choose to select only the number of calendars they want to see), and will greatly increase usability for those who need to see additional calendars.
66 Comments
MariyaT
Community Member

@christie1 They have upped the limit of calendars you can view at a time to 20, which I still think is not enough, especially for parents with 3 kids in the school system.

RonDeF
Community Member

Currently there are Parents with multiple children in in school but they can not see all the entries in the Calendar for their children. 

emily11
Community Member

I am a Canvas Admin for our school. We use Canvas in our Secondary school and have extra curricular activities and whole school Canvas pages. This means that most of our students will have more than 10 Canvas courses. Many of our students are missing deadlines because all classes are not appearing on a student's dashboard. 

This seems to be a really obvious feature that Canvas is missing and it's affecting our user experience negatively. 

enayee
Community Novice

Please let the Calendar tab display up to 15 course calendars at the least. It would be preferable that the calendar could display all active courses and the personal calendar.

AllieWeaver
Community Novice

As a parent of multiple kids using Canvas, it would be nice to choose ALL of their classes to View the Calendar and not only have to choose 10 classes. As a parent, I want to see all of the kids assignments (I color code them in Dashboards) for the week instead of having to go back and forth and choose them separately since you only allow to view 10 classes. It's time consuming and can easily cause me to miss something. Please consider allowing more than 10 classes in Calendar view. A typical student has 7+ classes using Canvas. Thank you.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.