Show percentages in gradebook with % symbol

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote Wed. August 5, 2015 - Wed. November 4, 2015  Learn more about voting...

At present, when an assignment receives a percentage grade, it is displayed in the gradebook without the percent sign. As below:

68934_Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 3.29.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-02 at 3.29.07 PM.png

Clearly, this makes no sense and a percent sign should be used in this case! (Points to those of you who have a hard time looking that column in the face with a calm stomach.)

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-01-09)

Gradebook

Percent Symbol in Percentage-based Assignments

13 Comments
SethBattis
Community Contributor

Deactivated user​, I'm sure this is the kind of thing that is parceled up in all of your current gradebook work, right?

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Seth,

I just added this idea to the queue for the August voting round.  Thank you for taking the time to submit it.

Regards,

Scott

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Just a reminder that this idea will open for vote on August 5th, which is one week from tomorrow.

garciah
Community Champion

This should be addressed as a bug, not a feature we have to vote on. From the screen shot in the request above, the test is out of 46 points, a "92" would actually 200%. That little % sign is pretty important in conveying that the actual score is 92%, not 92 points out of 46 possible.

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

124966_pastedImage_9.png

Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit and discuss your idea. Your feedback helps our product teams prioritize feature development so we can build a product you will love. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. All feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and may influence product direction.

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to stay invested in Feature Ideas process of making Canvas better!

SethBattis
Community Contributor

I so very agree. Re-converting this into a ticket on my end, because of that bogosity level.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2015-12-28)

Gradebook

Percent Symbol in Percentage-based Assignments

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-01-09)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @SethBattis  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @garciah  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

SethBattis
Community Contributor

Yay! I no longer flinch when I look at my gradebook! Thank you!