Show quiz as percent score in Gradebook.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It is currently possible to show all assignments as a percent in the grade book except Quizes.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
24 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

You will find many helpful comments on a previous feature idea -

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. November 4, 2015 - February 3, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

hduck
Community Novice

This would be a fantastic feature. It's already available for Assignments but not Quizzes. A "Display Grade as" box needs to be added to the Quiz editing options.

129163_pastedImage_1.png

mricks4158
Community Novice

This would be a fabulous feature! (Having to edit points for each question in a quiz is a real drag!)

cook_matthew
Community Novice

This is the same feature request that I have already submitted. Please vote here: as this is about to expire from the voting process. It appears that many people have submitted this idea, but it can't seem to get the needed 100 votes.

SethBattis
Community Contributor

A more general version of this feature request might be ​. Maybe merge them so that all the votes combine, communityteam​?

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hey Seth,

I agree that these ideas are similar but I think there is a enough distinction that they should be considered separately.  Thanks, though.

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello Canvas Family,

This is a feature we are considering for future development in the Modern Quizzing Engine. With a lot of thought and careful consideration, we are exploring ways to make this possible. There will me more to come as things progress.  We will not likely release this feature in the next six months, but it's on the table.

Jason

wcornwell
Community Novice

The lack of this feature in Canvas is frustrating. I had assumed that the default in Canvas would be that each quiz would be weighted equally in the grade book, but that is not the case, and there is no simple way after the fact for me to fix the problems this is causing in computing my students' grades. The ability for an instructor to choose whether quizzes are weighted equally or are weighted according to the total points for each quiz is a standard feature of course-management systems, and it boggles my mind that Canvas wouldn't have this option already or at least that the development team wouldn't put it on the fast track for implementation. This feature should be so simple to implement.

stuggle
Community Novice

Just voted this up, but also wanted to revive this discussion in an effort to keep this important feature towards the top of Instructure's to-do list.

Why is it important to us in the Aviation Maintenance Program?

Per FAA requirements, we must print out individual grade reports for all students (up to 100) quarterly. Within that quarter, there are multiple modules, each with multiple tests and quizzes. The passing minimum is 77%. When an FAA Inspector performs a reveiw or audit, he/she looks for at least a 77 throughout the report. However, not all test are weighted at 100 points, many smaller modules are weighted less. This poses a problem when the grades are posted and printed, since Canvas only posts the raw numbers, 33 out of 40, for example, not as 82.5%.

So we must go back and do multiple pen-and-ink edits on every report, displaying the percentage, so the Inspector can quickly see whether the score was a go or no-go.

Also, as was mentioned in another comment, seeing a percentage helps the student determine where his/her strengths and weaknesses lie.