Show quiz as percent score in Gradebook.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

It is currently possible to show all assignments as a percent in the grade book except Quizes.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
24 Comments
ghopkins
Community Novice

Will voting for this feature may be closed, I need to weigh in.  We are in the process of adopting Canvas and not having this feature is a major roadblock for our students and staff.  Using only points for quizzes causes confusion among stakeholders.  I truly don't understand why the percentage grade can't be displayed easily.  It must already be calculated in order to calculate the course average.  Please count this as one more vote!

jramsay
Community Novice

We are piloting Canvas at our school and I agree with you that the inability to control how quiz grades are presented is a major issue.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@ghopkins , voting for this feature is not closed. Make sure you are logged into the Community, and the vote buttons will then be available to you.

grace_alexander
Community Explorer

I love that Canvas is being intentional in creating a better quizzing engine.  However, how long do we have to wait?  The problem of not being able to show a grade as a percentage seems too easy to fix NOW!  This "new" engine has been on the table for over a year.  Many of these posts are over a year old.  C'mon Canvas!  You're usually so much better than this.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Grace,

You are very correct in that creating a new quiz engine from the ground up is a massive undertaking requiring 1000s of development hours and a ton of work from multiple teams.  I believe that Jason talked talked timeline in his presentation at Instructurecon last summer. I can tell you that work is still progressing per the plan.  We thank you for your continuing patience!

kim_simpson
Community Novice

Should be a no-brainer...we shouldn't have to vote.  Just my humble opinion!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea was moved from Under Consideration stage (no longer in use) to the Product Radar stage.  

This change was made as part of a feature idea process evolution.  Find more information, and contribute insights, by joining Focus Group: DRAFT Feature Idea Space

jmaclean
Community Novice

Any idea if this idea has moved forward towards implementation yet?  I am very interested in using this feature.

sbrownell
Community Novice

We are currently piloting Canvas at our school and within the first 2 weeks I have already received this question/request from roughly half of my instructors. Is there any update on if/when this might be added? I located a thread from two years ago where the ability to display quizzes as a perecentage was requested and it seems to be something that a lot of people are asking about within the Canvas Community. The fact that it still isn't available (as far as I can find) is disappointing. Smiley Sad

Community Novice

Please add the option to grade quizzes with percentage, rather than default to points only.