Show submission details in SpeedGrader for anonymous assignments

0 Likes
(22)

SpeedGrader should continue to show submission details whether the assignment is anonymous or not. Instructors at our institution need to be able to see when assignments were submitted in SpeedGrader while they're grading anonymously so they can adjust their grades accordingly. 

The current behavior in SpeedGrader is to hide submission details for graders when anonymous grading is turned on for an assignment. This page documents that behavior. If you have an admin role you can still view the submission details. This behavior should be preserved for users with the teacher role or other roles with grading permissions.

10 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

wickerha
Community Member

I second this idea.  

brattc
Community Member

I also second this idea.  I need to be able to see exactly what time my students submit their anonymously graded assignments.  I deduct points from late assignments, but the points deduction varies depending on how late the assignment is submitted.  Not being able to see the submission details (date and time of submission) makes it impossible for me to tell how many points to deduct.  The lack of submission details does not seem to serve any purpose. 

mckaveny
Community Member

I  totally support this idea as an instructor. Knowing submission details helps me assess the student's situation--which is necessary even if the grading is anonymous. If a paper is late, I need to know that to grade it properly. 

joan_shear
Community Member

I agee.

kellerel1
Community Member

I second this idea.

bartonac
Community Member

I also second this idea.

nic_nac
Community Novice

Definitely agree this is needed urgently. Tutors need to know which students haven't submitted to find out if they need supporting (extensions etc..).

ClaireBorja
Community Explorer

Yes, this needs to be added.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.