[Inbox] Signature Block

It would be nice to have the option to add a signature block that can automatically be added to "Inbox" messages as well as discussion posts.

75 Comments
alainoff1
Community Novice

Hello,

Just came here to voice support for the signature line being an added feature of Canvas. I use Canvas almost exclusively for messaging students, as opposed to email, because it can tell me which classes/sections they are in right away. But they do not have my information -- which affiliations do I have? What degrees do I have? What is my alternative contact information? 

magoonme
Community Novice

Is there a way to create a signature line in Canvas messaging?

Thank you.

p_lucash
Community Explorer

Actually this is imperative - just lazy

rislis
Community Champion

Would be a great feature!

KS10
Community Member

I agree! Canvas, please add this feature!

rastogma
Community Member

Please add signature line.

nytasha_garland
Community Explorer

@rogrant @pricejl  This is a feature that we desperately need here in CCPS.  Many families have multiple students, most of whom who have multiple teachers, all of whom utilize Canvas.  PLEASE give additional consideration into making an electronic signature a feature within Canvas Communications/Inbox.  With all students within CCPS utilizing Canvas to support distant learning, this feature would make a world of difference for parents!  

Inbox should mirror a generic email inbox for ease of use.  Having the option of an electronic signature for Inbox messages and Discussion boards would extend the Inbox feature's usefulness to teachers.

cantvas
Community Participant

Well stated!  Very elegant.

This feature is so necessary, and the demand for it so high, that I have to wonder if its absence is a willful choice by Canvas.

rislis
Community Champion

We even went so far as to consider using the Redirect Tool app addition to take kids into Gmail.

While it defeats the purpose of using the inBox over Gmail, at least we have more options for full communication.

cantvas
Community Participant

I rarely use Canvas messaging.  I make Outlook contact lists of my students, and use regular e-mail.  I have to be careful to update the lists when students add or drop the class, of course.