[Admin Tools] Sort Newest/Oldest in New Course Search for Admins

The wonderful New Course Search in Canvas Production Release 2018-03-10 unfortunately removes the option to sort listings of courses based on course creation date.  Admins regularly need to work with the newest courses within an account, sub-account, or term; for example, a sub-account admin might need a glanceable list of which recently created courses remain unpublished.

The legacy Admin Courses searching/filtering sidebar included a Sort:  option which included Newest - Oldest and Oldest - Newest choices (as well as A - Z and Z - A, which do have equivalents in New Course Search).  It will be wonderful for New Course Search to include a similar capability, perhaps located near the Course column header.

15 Comments
mlabbett
Community Participant

Please please go back, this update is horrible, it doesn't sort and it often comes back with errors.

mlabbett
Community Participant

An interesting work-around!  But the feature was already there previously, they need to just add it back!  editing the html every time seems very tedious, but yes, somewhat helpful!

principal
Community Novice

I would need Creation Date sort far more than a Publish Date sort.

But what I most want is our preferred sort to be sticky -- I hate having to change the sort every time I open the page.  It wasn't a problem on the old system because it was alphabetical and made sense, but the new default order makes no sense to me.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme