[People] Sort Students in People List: Course

@people list is alphabetical by last names, which is not helpful. Please add sorting function by "First Name", "Section", "last Activity" and "Total Activity". All other tabular lists should be sort-able as well.

Add Group to the columns and Sort by group is needed as well. Jan 26, 2018 @kristine Hansen @dale Anne Davidson

Profile Picture Name Login ID SIS ID Section Role Last Activity Total Activity

The sorting function has been available in Proctorio Exam Results for a while.

When will the Canvas development team pay their attention to this as a production priority because an overall sorting function is required for ALL tabular lists in Canvas!!

93 Comments
greens9
Community Member

Yes! I need this feature especially for my cross-listed courses so that I can sort by section for taking "attendance." I would also love to sort by last login date. Excellent idea.

khaled_al-ankar
Community Participant

This would save teachers hours of scrolling and sorting using the grades view.

Also, this would save hours for my eLearning team when supporting requests.

Regards

Khaled

nmvandermeid
Community Member

I'd love that tab to be sortable by column heading - I'd like the be able to sort by section or last activity, etc...

judy_seiffert
Community Participant

Agree, adding the ability to sort the columns in the people roster would be very beneficial.  Where do I go in the community to vote up on this idea? 

HungTrinh
Community Member

Sort by first name please.

iictmail13
Community Explorer

Sorting of people based on the column headings would be very useful to teachers.   This is a common feature in most apps/software today.  Surely Canvas team will look into this.

ingela_ostlund
Community Participant

The list of participants / people in a course cannot be sorted. A basic function in this type of lists is that you should be able to click on the column headings and the list is sorted ascending / descending

ingela_ostlund
Community Participant

The list of participants / people in a course cannot be sorted. A basic function in this type of lists is that you should be able to click on the column headings and the list is sorted ascending / descending

ingela_ostlund
Community Participant

@

melissa_metzger
Community Member

Yeah, I am quite shocked the people's tab does not have the option to sort by section yet in 2020. It's impossible to sort kids in my one class since I have 4 sections of it. So much for making easy groups. SIgh.