Sort discussions by most recent posts

0 Likes

Hello, everyone! We have noticed that we are unable to sort the discussions replies to show the most recent posts at the top.

It is usual in other LMS or platforms that when you enter a discussions If this idea were implemented it would be very positive for the user experience and would facilitate learning and motivation to respond to peers.

Best regards
Alba

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing this feedback about the forums, @Alba_UFV . Could you edit the idea to add details that clarify the request? Is this a question about sorting replies in the forums on this community platform, or is it directed at functionality in the Canvas LMS? If so, please specify the feature (Canvas doesn't have a feature called forums, per se, and we don't want to make assumptions).

The guidance in How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? should help with the editing process.

Alba_UFV
Community Member

Hi Stefani! You are right I did not explain myself well, my English is in the process of improvement. I have already improved the idea, I hope it can be implemented.
Best regards
ALba

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for editing the idea, @Alba_UFV ! I have good news for you: the ability to sort discussion replies by date (newest to oldest) has been developed as part of our Discussions Redesign project. Please read through  How do I view and sort discussion replies in Discu...  for details.

The redesign is still a feature preview in beta, but is currently available to those schools that decide to enable it with the understanding that it is still being iterated upon. Please reach out to your school's Canvas admin to learn more about when the enhancements will become available at your school.