Sort grades by date turned in

(2)

I would love to be able to sort my students entries in the grade book by the date/time they entered it.  I'd like to add a competition for who finishes first for a few items.

Tags (3)
7 Comments
Steven_S
Community Champion

If added to the speedgrader, this would also make it more efficient to grade assignments that do not get turned in all at once. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

steven‌, instructors can change the settings in Speedgrader to display the list and order of assignments by "the date they submitted the assignment" as outlined in How do I sort the student list in SpeedGrader? This arranges students' submissions in order by submission date and time and also pushes non-submissions to the bottom of the list.

minnie_dayton
Community Novice

Thank you for your help. I'm looking for a way to sort all of the

assignments at once by date submitted. I have a large class with lots of

assignments. The information you gave me was very helpful for one

assignment at a time though.

Thanks!

North Cache Media Center

*The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you

learn, the more places you'll go. ~ Dr. Seuss*

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 5:44 AM stefaniesanders <instructure@jiveon.com>

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@minnie_dayton ‌, the Speedgrader sort setting will apply to all of your assignments in the course.

minnie_dayton
Community Novice

I'm going to have to play around with that. I reached out to support and

they said there wasn't a way to do it. I've followed your directions, but

I'm not sure how to view it as a report or see all assignments at once. I

will see what I can figure out. Thank you!

North Cache Media Center

*The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you

learn, the more places you'll go. ~ Dr. Seuss*

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 7:52 AM stefaniesanders <instructure@jiveon.com>

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@minnie_dayton ‌, my reply to Steven about the sort functionality available in SpeedGrader was specific to his comment about making it more efficient to grade students' submissions. Your idea requesting that sort in the Gradebook is open for voting.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.