Special Characters and Font Size Options.

0 Likes

To Whom It May Concern,

I do understand that Canvas was created for the University level and that it is now being used all the way to Kindergarten. I teach 2nd Grade.  Until recently, when creating my quizzes I was able to change the font size for the answers.  For some unknown reason, this option has been removed.  Nor can I add special characters.  This is extremely important when creating assessments for young children.  For example the word Sunday.  If I am trying to create an assessment in which my student needs to select the correct syllable division, they must be able to see it.  Example; sun·day Students can not see this special character between sun and day.  The other problem is that you must understand that students are not all students are working on computers.  Elementary school children are working on Chromebooks these are very tiny screens.  Our district wants us to use your product, and the fact you are taking away tools that were available is very frustrating. In addition, I like to show happy faces when they choose the correct answer and sad face when it's wrong. Well, I tried using the New Quiz, but I can not add it for my students. Please fix this 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @Deborahthymian -

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas! I have some resources to help you.

New Quizzes - RCE to match Canvas is in Development. This will hopefully bring the font options to New Quizzes like you explained.

With most of the question types in New Quizzes, you have the opportunity for Answer Feedback. Look at How do I create a Multiple Choice question in New Quizzes? and look for the header. You can use emojis (copy/paste, or Windows Key + . or Control + Command + Spacebar) for those happy or sad faces based on answers too.