Special Education - Assigning Modules

0 Likes
(3)

F34755D4-2FB1-416F-A80A-D9EF0298C4CD.jpeg
As a special education teacher, I need to push out assignments to my kids in a more efficient manner. For now, what I had decided to do is create a homepage with their assigned student buttons. Each button takes them to their "website" that contains their IEP goals. It would be easier for all the special education teachers out there if Canvas would allow us to ASSIGN MODULES. Another option would be for us to set passcodes on Modules. My hope is that we can create 1 Module per kid and line up their tasks in there. 

5 Comments
SlettelandM
Community Novice

Yes! This would be an amazing help! 

richawh
Community Member

I wholeheartedly agree with these suggestions. Canvas is a marvelous tool, but for those of us working in Special Education via Distance Education, especially those in Elementary, it requires a lot of additional research and self-training to make it usable.  These suggestions would make the process much easier for Special Education teachers across the country, and would have an amazing positive impact on our students as well.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@taglishteacher 

Thanks for sharing these ideas. As it combines several different requests into a single prompt, we're not able to move it forward for broader discussion.

With respect to the first request, your excellent example would fit well into the discussion underway at Unlocking Modules for individual students. Turning to the second, we don't currently have a discussion around this, so please read through How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? for guidance on initiating singularly-focused conversations.

Thanks again! Stay safe, and stay well. 🙂

zybluk
Community Novice

I had this same problem. I am an 8th grade Inclusion Teacher. With half of my students being virtual, I have two periods where I hold "webex" time to work with them. I wanted to post my schedule, how to contact me, my expectations and when I was expecting to see them check in. I ended up adding a sandbox for 8th Grade Inclusion and adding google slides.

sbevier
Community Participant

I have 100 teachers in my building and at least 40% have asked for the functionality!  Please add.