Specific Notifications With Full Names

0 Likes
To maximize productivity and time management, I believe it would be useful if we can see more specific notifications, i.e. seeing the names of classmates who have commented on a discussion, who posted on another classmate’s post, or who made a comment to your discussion post, etc. (Ex: “Angie posted on the Discussion;” “Bob commented on Angie’s post;” “Mark commented on your post.”) I don't see any full names. If there's a setting I don't know about that can change this, I'd like to know!
The way it is now is very vague: “Submission Comment: *Name of Discussion*” or "New Comment for Discussion: *Name of Discussion*" It can be overwhelming to get all these notifications without knowing who or what it is. 
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@mlperilla 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. A request for a specific notification of replies to one's own post is already the topic of conversation at Discussion Notification: Activity that involves yo... - Canvas Community. As the Idea Conversations forum is designed to accommodate singularly-focused requests for an enhancement to a feature or tool, please submit individual new idea conversations for the other two requests incorporated in the description ("seeing the names of all classmates who commented on this discussion" and "seeing [name] commented on {name]'s post." How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? provides guidance on writing ideas that prompt a focused conversation around a single request.