[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] SpeedGrader Teacher App - Change status of an assignment

Feature suggestion: Add the option in the Canvas Teacher App for a teacher to be able to change the status of an assignment (missing, late, excused, none) within SpeedGrader.

On October 16 SpeedGrader was updated to allow teachers to change the Status (missing, late, excused, none) on an assignment right within SpeedGrader. This is great if using SpeedGrader in a browser, but is not an option in the Canvas Teacher App.  The vast majority of our teachers use SpeedGrader within the Canvas Teacher app because they love the way they can easily annotate on the student's work to provide feedback and quickly grade each submission. It would be great if it was available there also. 

A few ideas of how this could look on the Teacher app in SpeedGrader:

1. Teacher clicks on the assignment status in the top left hand corner when grading and is provided with a drop down menu of status options (none, missing, late, excused)
  2. Add "Status" as an additional tab in the right hand column
  3. Add "Status" in the right hand grade bar and provide teachers with a drop down menu or a click and change (multiple choice) option with the statuses listed.

IMG_B4606F7DE598-1.JPEG

Added to Theme

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ewood
Community Participant

The ability to edit submission status labels in speedgrader is good, but it would be extremely helpful if this was added to the mobile app as well.  The best part of the app is the ability to grade math/physics problems on a tablet, however, in order to mark a resubmitted assignment late, I need to go back to my computer.

heather_houston
Community Member

YES!!! This change is WONDERFUL in the computer version. I love grading in the app and being able to change the status of the assignment in the app would be a dream come true!

catherinestika
Community Member

When using speed grader via the web browser, Canvas has implemented a drop down to change the states from “missing, late, excused, etc”.    It would be awesome of that could be implemented into the app version of speed grader as well.   I grade mostly through the app because I find it easier and more efficient, however when students are absent,I must log into the web, open the assignment in speed grader and adjust the statuse from missing to none.   Please consider adding this feature to the app.   

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

Mr_Nordstrom
Community Explorer
Problem statement:

When grading using the Canvas Teacher app on iPad, there is no option to change the submission status of a student (i.e.: from late to no status). Since students will submit items late who may have been absent, if I am grading on the mobile platform I would like to be able to update the status of an assignment from the mobile speed grading page.

Proposed solution:

Create an option to adjust the status of a student's submission in the mobile speed grader (app used on iPad).

User role(s):

instructor