Speedgrader: Larger, more prominent download link for file submissions

0 Likes

Please make it easier to download student assignments that were submitted as Word files as Word files. The bigger button triggers a change from Word file to PDF. The only way to retain the Word file status is with a tiny little arrow that often overlaps with the document title. For annotation purposes, I need to be able to interact with my students' work in Word, and the transformation to PDF is undesirable.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@AmandaSeligman  Could you please summarize the process you're currently using to download a student's Word file? The screenshot in the View Speedgrader section of  How do I use SpeedGrader?  shows the download link for the file at the top of the right panel under Submitted Files; when an instructor clicks on that link, it will download the student's submitted Word file.

Thanks.

AmandaSeligman
Community Member
Hi Stephanie

Thank you for responding quickly. That is the method I am using. I just want that button to be bigger than the arrow is now so it's easier to click.

Amanda

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for clarifying the intent of the idea, @AmandaSeligman . I'll make a slight edit to the idea and move it forward as a request for a change to the UI.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

AmandaSeligman
Community Member

Thank you!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.