Speedgrader Targeted (Rather than Overall) Audio Comment

It would be very helpful to have a comment option (like the point, area, or text comment) that is a focused, targeted audio comment. I know we have audio comments for the assignment overall, but those can't be paused and when I give my students one long audio comment at the end there's always blank space while I remember what I need to tell them and while I find appropriate parts of their paper to discuss, etc. I also know that students tend to not follow what I'm saying as easily with one long comment overall. 

If we were able to leave an audio comment targeted after one sentence or paragraph, etc. The feedback would be more useful for students and more efficient for instructors.

2 Comments
jbrady2
Community Champion

@chelseacampbell ‌ You can add multiple, individual audio comments. Would this not meet your need. Though it would cause an extra step in that I was thinking that you might add a comment with one or two words as a flag that you could then mention at the beginning of each audio comment to direct the student's attention to what the comment regards. I could see the process being improved if instructors could actually label each audio comment so that the student could pick a particular one to listen to based upon a label on the assignment.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.