Speedgrader as a function of the iPhone app

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
  Idea open for vote Wed. February 3, 2016 - Wed. May 4, 2016  Learn more about voting...

I'd like to see Speedgrader incorporated into the Canvas iPhone app (or, at the very least, the development of a Speedgrader app for iPhone).

I'm frequently in a situation where the only device I have access to is my iPhone and have assignments of the sort that could be easily graded with SpeedGrader.

Having that functionality would allow me to use that time productively and allow me to use the time I have at other devices like my lap or desktop for more complex tasks.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the appropriate https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11886 .

17 Comments
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ericas_starr ‌...

As  @Renee_Carney ‌ mentioned in her above reply, I would also suggest taking a look at Priority: Canvas Teacher App where you can see the progress on a new "Teacher" app that is being worked on.

Side note...the 100-vote requirement no longer applies.  Here's more information: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2109-how-does-the-voting-process-work-for-feature-ideas 

I hope this helps, Erica.

ericas_starr
Community Novice

Thank you, Chris. 

nkeemahs_johnso
Community Novice

Thank you for submitting this as a suggestion.  I have been wanting to see this implemented as well. Speedgrader is already such a lifesaver when it comes to grading submissions.  I feel that making it more mobile and available on cellular devices (not just the iphone) would take it a step further.  

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the appropriate Mobile Guides - Canvas Teacher .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@scolas  Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as, paulwkern Thank You ,  @sara_samples  Thank You ,  @ryan_corris  Thank You , @james_sayer,  @ericas_starr  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed