Speedgrader issues for Assessments staff (Admin)

0 Likes

Hi 

1 - Manually uploading via Turnitin Legacy - If admin staff upload students work on their behalf, the submission only shows up in Feedback Studio. It does not show up to be marked in Feedback. This has been a big problem for Assessments staff as submissions are getting missed. Is there a way that the submissions can be recognised and marked via Speedgrader? If not, is this something that could be implemented?

2 - Downloading feedback - Assessments staff have to download all marked feedback to send to the external examiners. We do this in bulk via Turnitin ( Download all and choose GradeMark PDF's). These downloads do not include feedback that has been added if the marker used SpeedGrader. We can only seem to download this feedback individually per student. Is there a way we can download the SpeedGrader comments in bulk for all students on the module? If not, is this something that could be implemented?

Tags (2)
4 Comments
AmieGardner
Community Member
Author

Hi sorry, I submitted in error,.  I am an Assessments Assistant in the Medical School and these issues have come up on a number of occasions. If I need to add more info please let me know. 

Thank you in advance

Amie

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@AmieGardner 

Thanks for sharing these ideas. Instructure Canvas isn't able to implement changes to the Turnitin interface or the legacy integration. Please contact your Turnitin representative to make these requests. You can also check into whether Turnitin maintains an ideation process for their product in the Turnitin Community.

For your second idea, unrelated to Turnitin, consider adding your feedback to Ability to download and save all feedback in Speed... - Canvas Community 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@AmieGardner 

I just saw your follow-up comment; would you bring up these issues with your local Canvas admin if you haven't yet? They can discuss these on your behalf with Turnitin.

Maryna_Dibrova
Partner
Partner

Hi @AmieGardner,

Thank you for sharing these ideas. Let me answer your first question.

Unfortunately, we can’t implement the requested changes and ideas as we no longer support Canvas legacy integration. It sounds like Canvas Plagiarism Framework would be the best solution for you and we created guidance for the migration process from Legacy to CPF: https://help.turnitin.com/feedback-studio/canvas/plagiarism-framework/moving-from-canvas-legacy.htm

If you have any other Turnitin-related questions, please visit our new help center: https://supportcenter.turnitin.com/s/ or email us at tiisupport@turnitin.com.

Our team will be glad to assist you.