[Speedgrader] Mark incorrect answers red (at top)

At the top of Speedgrader, it's easy to see what answers have not yet been corrected. However, if a student wants to see what he or she got WRONG, it's a slow scroll down the page, especially if they got only a couple wrong on of a large test.

I am suggesting that at the top of the page, you add a visual aid: red boxes (perhaps with an X through it) for questions that are incorrect. This would also be helpful if we wanted to give partial credit for something which may have been marked incorrect.

128005_Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 8.21.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-10 at 8.21.19 PM.png

Added to Theme

46 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea is now open for voting. Smiley Happy

Beth_Young
Community Contributor

This idea would make grading SO much easier. I think I submitted this in the "old" community but never got around to re-submitting it here.

Fill in the blank questions always need my review. I only need to review them if they are marked wrong, however; if they are marked right, they are right. So if I could just jump to the questions that are marked wrong, that would save a lot of time when I'm grading.

cwendt
Community Champion

I think that you and I think alike.  Smiley Happy

cwendt
Community Champion

Another idea for later on might be to group the wrong answers at the bottom—no, WAIT! How about TILING them?

(Better run, before they kick me offa here, with all of those ideas!)

clong
Community Champion

Great idea! I think this  should be part of Canvas Studio: Speedgrader 2.0​ so I'll share a link there as well.

cwendt
Community Champion

I was thinking the same thing,  @clong ​. I have been watching the count and wondering what will happen over break . . . people might be buying stuff, baking cookies, opening stuff and wearing Christmas sweaters, and be too busy for Canvas.

Nah . . .

cwendt
Community Champion

Do they consider things that have been linked there?

clong
Community Champion

I know the product manager does check the comments there, so I'm going to go with yes (unofficially).

Beth_Young
Community Contributor

I'm in the midst of grading a 53-question test right now. Most of the questions are short-answer and must be reviewed. I sure wish this idea was implemented ALREADY. Scrolling takes so much time!

cwendt
Community Champion

Right,  @Beth_Young ​! Also, the bigger the test, the more likely the better students are to come up to your desk and want to "campaign" for those few questions they got wrong.

I, too, have been campaigning for votes. Encourage your colleagues, please!