[Speedgrader] Mark incorrect answers red (at top)

At the top of Speedgrader, it's easy to see what answers have not yet been corrected. However, if a student wants to see what he or she got WRONG, it's a slow scroll down the page, especially if they got only a couple wrong on of a large test.

I am suggesting that at the top of the page, you add a visual aid: red boxes (perhaps with an X through it) for questions that are incorrect. This would also be helpful if we wanted to give partial credit for something which may have been marked incorrect.

128005_Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 8.21.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-10 at 8.21.19 PM.png

Added to Theme

46 Comments
asatkins
Community Novice

What a great idea! For fully online and/or asynchronous schools it's always preferable to give agency to the student, as it's more difficult to "walk up to the teacher's desk".

@marthazumack ​ - have you seen this?

marthazumack
Community Contributor

Thanks for alerting me to this idea!

cwendt
Community Champion

Egads! Today is the last day! Please tell a colleague!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

152659_pastedImage_9.png

Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit and discuss your idea. Your feedback helps our product teams prioritize feature development so we can build a product you will love. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. All feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and may influence product direction.

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to stay invested in Feature Ideas process of making Canvas better!

Beth_Young
Community Contributor

Everyone here might be interested in this idea:   which suggests a different way to make grading easier.

cwendt
Community Champion

Thank you. I did vote for it,  @Beth_Young ​.

Beth_Young
Community Contributor

I just now discovered this feature idea:    If you voted for this idea, please consider voting for that one--it will close on May 4 and has 55 only votes so far.

cwendt
Community Champion

As I sit here scrolling through hundreds of test grade answers to find the couple wrong ones, I am thinking that it might be worth it to give this one another go. Anyone in?

Beth_Young
Community Contributor

You bet! :smileygrin:

James
Community Champion

@cwendt ​,  @Beth_Young 

What is your criteria for flagging something as red and needing looked at? Is it specific types like fill in the blank, multiple fill in the blanks, multiple answers, or does it extend to any type of question (perhaps excluding essay or file upload since those need manually graded anyway)?

I've already written a userscript that will renumber the links at the top of one-question-at-a-time to match the actual question number (if there are text-only questions, then the numbers at the top don't match the question number at the bottom). It might be possible to start with that code and modify it to highlight questions that are wrong. I'm just seeking the definition of "wrong" to know what to highlight.