Speedgrader

0 Likes
(7)

Speedgrader should have the ability to skip to the next assignment that needs graded.  So once I have finished grading one assignment/activity, it just goes to the next assignment group that needs to be graded.  Too many clicks having to go out of speedgrader, then to the next assignment, then back in to speedgrader. 

13 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

paulbui
Community Member

Yes!  Please do this, or at least make it a customizable setting in the speedgrader

abander
Community Member

Include a drop down list of all assignments for a particular course (searchable?) in the Speed Grader window so the teacher doesn't have to go back to Assignments/Modules to bring another one back up.

aloomis
Community Participant

Or, once you click to the next student it automatically puts the cursor on the score so you don't have to click that every time.

PLEASE FIX CANVAS! LESS CLICKS FOR EVERYTHING!!

bivins_tara
Community Member

I am an instructor and Canvas support provider in my school. It is inconvenient to revisit the gradebook each time I need to grade a new assignment.  I thought there used to be a way to arrow through assignments from the main speedgrader screen.  If I select the arrow next to the student's name, it moves to the next student (but within the same assignment).  It would be incredibly helpful to have the ability to move from one assignment to another from the main speedgrader screen (not within an individual student's grades).   It is nice to have the ability to move within assignments for individual students, but that doesn't help with grading more than one assignment for the entire class or grading late work for several students from different assignments.   Thank you for your consideration!

bbrock
Community Member

I agree that there should be a way to advance to the next assignment instead of having to return to the gradebook.  It is inconvenient to have to return to the gradebook, scroll over to find the assignment, then have to click on speedgrader again. Thank you!

doanderson1
Community Novice

doanderson1_0-1606855405540.png

This would be the perfect spot

bivins_tara
Community Member

@doanderson1 I completely agree!

cbartolac
Community Explorer

yes Please!!!  I shouldn't have to jump back and forth to grade papers.  I should be able to stay in Speed Grader and move to the next assignment.

steelea
Community Explorer

Anyone else here no longer seeing the voting buttons? I vote yes on this.

shelli_barnum
Community Member

It would be great to be able to switch assignments being graded in Speed Grader without needing to exit out to the scoresheet.

farrel7207
Community Member

I have a few assignments open and being turned in at once.  It would really be helpful for speedgrader to automatically go to the next assignment that needs to be graded without having to get back to the gradebook, then homepage, then clicking on the next one.  Why can't it just automatically go to what needs to be graded next without so many clicks!!!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.