Streamline Navigating through Canvas

0 Likes
(1)

It would be really helpful if we could more easily navigate from one part of Canvas to another without going in and out of each course. For example, if I want to go from one class's gradebook to another, I need to click subject and then grades and then the little button into the gradebook. It would be easier if I could switch from one class's gradebook to another with one click. 

4 Comments
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @CarolynZerhusen,

Thanks for adding your suggestions. Your post included two ideas: to add navigation to view the gradebook for different courses in the gradebook and to post an announcement to multiple courses. Idea conversations need to be made for a single idea for them to be opened for conversation. Because of that, and since there is an existing idea to post an announcement to multiple courses, I've removed your 2nd suggestion from your post and have opened the first for conversation. If you'd like to support the Post announcements in multiple courses at once idea, you can do that by giving it a star rating and/or adding a comment. 

Naomi

SharondaMikle
Community Novice

I would really like to be able to toggle between sections from the grade book to the grade book in another class. It would be beneficial to have a dropdown menu of classes listed in the grade book to accomplish this task. 

Another-MrC
Community Member

I teach different levels of the same class (each with its own course), and often work on a task for one level, and then switch to another level. Common tasks for me include creating and modifying modules, sorting assignments into their proper groups, and grading. Rather than going selecting a new course, then going back to Assignments, Modules, or Grades, just selecting the different course would be so much faster!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.