Student Assignment Search Feature in Grades

(1)

Instructors have this capability in the "Assignments" section, but students do not. It would be a great convenience for the student to be able to target an activity by title...this would save time searching for a title. Place it the "Grades" section.

Tags (3)
4 Comments
SANDLERWREN
Community Novice

Students would appreciate it if instead of scrolling all the way down to find an assignment just search the assignment by its name. When i go into a class's "Modules" or "Assignments" it would be useful if there was a bar i could type the assignments name and it pop up. 

lholland
Community Member

Many times students need to make up work and have trouble finding it.  They can look on PS and see it is missing so if they could search Canvas by that assignment name it would make it easier for them. I would not want that just under the Assignments tab since I don't use that with students.  Everything for me is in modules so I would want the search option available there as well.

ths
Community Novice

It would be helpful to have a search bar for assignments especially in year long courses.  There is so much to go through in the modules sometimes.  

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.