Student Outcome Report (bring this back)

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Students used to be able to see their progression towards mastery in the Learning Mastery Gradebook.  Now, they have to manually calculate their score (decaying average, etc.), based on each score from an aligned outcome (which will not happen).  Please re-enable students to be able to see their numeric score for each outcome in the Learning Mastery Gradebook.  This is visible from the instructor view, but not the student view.  It was a feature until recently, but somehow got taken away.  Please bring this feature back!

#learning_mastery_gradebook

#student learning mastery gradebook

#outcomes calculation

ltrampleasure

els1001

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16069-canvas-release-notes-2019-01-26 .

8 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for sharing this idea, breklis‌. For a bit of context, please refer to https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/28494-mastery-learning-student-view 

valorie_carmer
Community Novice

Sure wish I could vote for all my students and all their parents because none of them are happy with this change.  And for school districts that use Standard Based Grading, no longer having this available has caused numerous issues.

tpeterson
Community Novice

Please restore this functionality! For those of us using Standards Based Grading in Higher Ed, asking students to conceive of their grades in terms of learning outcomes is challenging enough. Asking them to manually calculate a decaying average on top of that is simply not tenable.  

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2019-01-26) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

breklis Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @valorie_carmer  Thank You  and  @tpeterson  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas!

tpeterson
Community Novice

Excellent. I look forward to having this feature back! 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed